It’s not sexy, but it’s important. If you want to effectively reach your target audience and avoid over- or under-sharing, you need to manage your LinkedIn settings. Here’s your guide.
In this ten-minute toolbox episode, LinkedIn expert Viveka von Rosen shares with Leary why it’s important to manage LinkedIn settings and how to tune-up your profile. She walks through each of the following settings:
- Turning on/off your news mention broadcasts
- Turning on/off your profile activity updates
- Selecting who can see your activity feed
- Selecting what others see when you’ve viewed their profile
- Turning on/off How You Rank
- Selecting who can see your connections
- Choosing who can follow your updates
- Managing recommendations
- Editing your public profile URL
Take ten minutes to make sure your LinkedIn profile is working the best it can be for you. Then, share your thoughts or questions with us in the comments section below. We always love to hear from our listeners.
Resources mentioned in or related to this podcast that you may find helpful:
- “LinkedIn Security: Who’s Watching You?,” Ebook from Viveka mentioned in this podcast. Free for a limited time.
- “Why you should use LinkedIn Publisher (with Viveka von Rosen),” Toolbox Episode 11, offers insight into how to use Publisher to make your profile stand out from others.
- “Cool tools on LinkedIn (with Viveka von Rosen),” Toolbox Episode 9, covers the fastest, most effective ways you can build your brand promise—that sense of “know, like, and trust”—using LinkedIn’s cool communication tools.
- “How to use recommendations to increase your credibility on LinkedIn (with Viveka von Rosen),” Toolbox Episode 6, offers tips on how to go about requesting recommendations on LinkedIn to bolster your credibility.
- “How to use media to increase your credibility on LinkedIn (with Viveka von Rosen),” Toolbox Episode 2, covers the three things that matter most when using media on your LinkedIn profile and preparing for your next great beginning.
- “How to use LinkedIn to supercharge your next transition with Viveka von Rosen,” Episode 31, provides practical tips, and a few cautions, as you prep your profile and gear up for change.
- How to Use LinkedIn Publisher to Get More Visibility, an article by Viveka von Rosen, offers insight on the elements of a good post, how to determine publishing frequency, sharing best practices, and more.
- B2B LinkedIn Launchpad Training Series, Viveka von Rosen’s comprehensive ebook to get you and your business off and running with using LinkedIn for B2B purposes.
Ways to get involved:
- Leave a review for this show on iTunes and/or Stitcher Radio.
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Share this post with others in your network:
We look forward to hearing from you!