Are you distractible? A lot of knowledge workers are. In this toolbox episode, Leary shares three strategies to help you manage those pesky distractions and stay productive.
The three strategies Leary’s found effective in helping him become less distractible are:
- Measure your “Push Away Impulse.”
- Commit to a single task.
- Guard your recovery time.
Leary elaborates on each of these points in this nine-minute toolbox episode. Take a listen and consider giving his ideas a try. Then share your thoughts—including other strategies you’ve found helpful in becoming less distractible—with us in the comments section below.
Resources mentioned in or related to this episode that you might find helpful:
- “Beating distraction and the Push Away Impulse,” an article by Leary Gates that further elaborates on this topic.
Ways to get involved:
- Leave a review for this show on iTunes and/or Stitcher Radio.
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Share this post with others in your network:
We look forward to hearing from you!