You feel like you’re in a cul-de-sac and need to make a big change. Here’s your mental game plan for rebuilding your future.
This week’s Inspire Me quote is:
“Before you climb the ladder of success, make sure it’s not leaning on the wrong wall.” — Unknown
This episode is for those who know they need to take a much different path than they’ve been on. You may feel like you’re in a cul-de-sac and need to turn around and find another road. Perhaps you’re burned out, or are not joyful in your work. You may have done the same thing for a long time that they don’t know how to even imagine doing something else
In facing any significant transition it’s importance to create a mental game plan—truths you can remember. Here are five you can put on your wall or in your wallet.
- My profession is a daily choice. A words “chosen profession” reminds can remind you that the choice is yours and yours alone.
- My future comes one day at a time. Begin today to make the changes you want to see. Ask yourself, “Is this making more like the person I want to become?”
- Nothing of my past needs to be wasted. No matter how you feel about it, your past is not a waste. Every experience has the potential to serve your future.
- My courage will inspire others. When you express excitement about your future, others will come along to help. Few people want their friends to stay stuck.
- No one else can run my race, but I’m not alone. You’re not the first person to go through this. Nor the last.
This week’s Challenge Me:
Create your own mental game plan list of truths and post it. Review it. Act on it.
Resources mentioned or related to this podcast that may be helpful to you:
- How to cultivate your personal vision, Episode 14 can help you think through how to create a vision for the person you want to become.
Ways to get involved:
- Leave a review for this show on iTunes and/or Stitcher Radio.
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Share this post with others in your network:
We look forward to hearing from you!